Thursday, June 16, 2011

Whispers...Poetry that breaks the silence

I'm a proud new Mommy again. No, not the flesh and blood kind of thing...but I swear some of these poems kind of feel that way to me!

I'm excited and apprehensive all at the same time. Excited to see my book published, apprehensive in thinking about how to promote it now that it is here. Neither of my poetry readings brought more than a few people together. I need to take time to plan something bigger...something that sounds like so much fun that no one will want to miss out on it!

I love to write poetry. It isn't easy, because I never know when the "muse" will strike. I can't sit down and plan a poem (okay, I guess I could, but that isn't the way I typically do things). I'm usually influenced by people, places, the Bible...most often by circumstances, I think.

I love to perform poetry! I'm very rusty in the performance department, but it is so much fun to work at how you want something to sound...what kinds of expressions you want to get across. Specific tone of voice at certain spots...I love it!!

So, what now? Well, I've been experimenting with sound on my webcam, so I think I will try to do a smattering of poems in a really rough, amateurish video. I will also try to put some of my poems on cd or mp3 format. Not sure how all of that will work yet...May and June have been so busy I feel like I just can't think...about anything...at all.

Whispers is currently available from Whiskey Creek Press in ebook format. In a few weeks, it will also be available in print paperback. The paperback thing was unexpected and delightful!

I'll post again soon!

1 comment:

  1. satta king

    satta king

    satta king Lots of medical doctors are working with outside specialties. This is why it's important to take a closer look at your insurance covers chiropractics and other forms of alternative care. This type of care can improve your overall care.

    ReplyDelete