Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mornings are Glorious..."CRASH" !!

In the fog of sleep, I heard the squeal of tires and the crunch that comes only from two metallic bodies colliding. My heart pounding, I opened my eyes to survey the damage...the ceiling fan looked just fine to me. The quiet breathing beside me told me that Rob was still sleeping. The sound of cars driving by through the open window gave me pause.

Where was the car accident? I never did find out. And even now, I almost doubt what I knew for a certainty then, that a crash woke me from sleep. 


I never did go back to sleep. I tried for a bit. But the slight breeze through the window, the sound of birds, people chatting on the sidewalk...all of these things brought me to a complete state of wakefulness. I got up, went downstairs, got the coffee started and looked out the window.

The sky is so blue today and the air is lovely. It actually feels like spring. Can it be that I've completely forgotten about the rain of the past week? It seemed like it would never end...but it has. For now. I'm hoping we can get the family out and about a bit before I have to go sit at the desk in the Senior home where I work part time. I would much rather visit some parks or the closing weekend extravaganza that is the Rochester Lilac Festival, but no. There are calls to make, papers to file and darling people to visit with. Perhaps tonight will be mild enough for a walk when I get home...


I promise to try to find some sort of topic for the next posting... Reading back through this, I'm amazed at how scatterbrained I am. A perfect candidate for mental problems later in life. Focus, Mel! Focus.

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to get out from your bed the right way. This will help reduce the risk of injuring your spine.

    There are many good reasons you should go to a chiropractor. If you suffer from back or neck pain, seeing a chiropractor is an excellent idea. Your body satta king

    satta king

    satta king

    satta king will not run correctly if you properly align the skeletal structure.

    ReplyDelete