Monday, May 23, 2011

A Relaxing Evening...

How do you relax? Well, for me there are a couple different things that come to mind with the word "relax".

1. Lean back, put feet up and close eyes.

2. Flip on the T.V., grab a bowl of something munchable, some yarn and a crochet hook and get sucked into whatever drama is playing out on the screen.

3. (okay, so more than a couple) Grab a book (or my Kindle), stretch out on my bed and get sucked into the drama playing out on the pages.

4. Put some shoes on, walk around the backyard smelling flowers and snapping hopeful shots with the camera.

5. Getting together with friends and just sitting and visiting (and sometimes crocheting!). Snacks help, but they aren't a "must".

Out of all of these, I like #5 the best. There is just something about being with other people. So many things you get to practice; things that get lost in the humdrum of family life (okay, family life is not ALWAYS humdrum...but there are moments of such grotesque familiarity that it nearly drives you mad with its monotony).

I love group dynamics. Re-learning social etiquette...listening...watching reactions.... That sort of thing. I think people should get together more often. It is too easy to get caught up in your own little cycle of family, work, sleep, family, work, sleep....

My goal this summer is to do MORE group related activities, or non-activities. Nothing wrong with sitting around a backyard sipping on some lemonade! We have a great Games Group that meets at our church every other Saturday (next one is THIS Saturday, May 28th) at 6:30pm. It's open to the community, so that is pretty cool. The kids and Rob just started going and I think they are going to keep it up. Have to double-check my schedule, but if I'm not working, I'll go.

Back to my "relaxing" evening...getting ready to watch Law and Order: Los Angeles. I've got my yarn and hook all ready to go!

1 comment:

  1. play bazaar

    satta king

    satta king

    satta king

    satta king A chiropractor can help improve your body's immunity.The new blood flowing through the body makes it easier to fend off infections.

    ReplyDelete